As you can imagine CoolPenguin has developed a number of shops using Opencart and WordPress.
Often we will purchase an Opencart Template from Theme Forest on behalf of the user.
This not only speeds up development, but of course allows the user to get a look and feel for the shop very early on.
CoolPenguin is not affiliated with themeforest or any of the templates sold, but we do feel we should mention just how good Journal for Opencart is!
Why is Journal for Opencart so good? Here’s why -
1) Firstly is affordable (let’s be honest $48 for a supported theme to bring your Opencart shop to life is not expensive. Imagine developing your own theme. It is arguably more flexible, but you have to deal with bug fixes and customer support.
2) Tried and tested, the number speak for themselves. Nearly 6000 sales and a rating of 4.89 out of 5 (98%). It doesn’t get much better than that!
3) Range of Demos – Look at the range of demos available – without tweaking a thing you have 10, yes 10 designs you can choose from and role out immediately.
4) Documentation for the demos! – Yes DigitalAtelier has actually produced documentation for each of them demos and discusses how the pages have been made up.
See the Journal Support Documentation for demos – here
5) Well documented – The documentation in general is very good and the chaps there even added to it when we suggested something was lacking.
6) The module interface, look and feel – If you’ve seen the documentation, then you’ve seen the Journal Opencart Interface. Yes that’s true, their documentation is structure in the exact same way the module is. This makes it very easy to navigate.
7) The module interface, ease of use – you do not have to be a developer or code guru to get your Opencart shop working. Journal does all of the heavy lifting for you. You simply add your products, banners, categories and Journal asks you where you would like to put them.
8) And, their fabulous support. Don’t get me wrong they could benefit from a knowledge base or bbs to reduce their workload but my gosh, how good is their support. Remember how much you paid for their template (a mere $48) and those guys will do everything they can to get your shop working.
Seriously, we highly recommended The Journal Opencart template, and would gladly use it on on future Opencart projects.
“Five Stars from CoolPenguin Web Design -”
Here is an Opencart Shop using the Journal Template – LED Lamps UK